Monday, January 3, 2011

Dusting Off the Old Treadmill

Not only is it time to dust off the old treadmill, it appears that I should dust off my blog too. I didn't realize that it has been so long since my last post. (Ironically, my last post talks about someone telling me to stop talking about my weight loss.)

It has been exactly two years ago today that I started this journey with Weight Watchers. I can't believe it has been that long. Over the last few months, I've been trying to maintain my goal weight and through the holidays that was definitely a challenge. I noticed that I didn't track as much in December and the scale is showing it. I suppose that it is also time to dust off the old food journal.

Weight Watchers changed their program too and now life as I knew it changed. I used to be able to look at a food item and know what the point value was based on the amount of calories, fat and fiber. Now they don't look at calories the same and threw protein and carbs into the equation. Well, no matter how we look at calories now, I can't help at laugh at this email that my sister-in-law sent me on "What is a calorie?" (I've changed the wording slightly...) Calories are the little creatures that get into your wardrobe at night and sew your clothes tighter. My closet is infested with them!

So, as I look ahead to starting the new year, my plan is to dust off the old treadmill, food journal and scale. Who is with me?

1 comment: