Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award




On the night that I am finally confirmed on Networked Blogs as the author of my very own blog, I received an unrelated Facebook message from my friend, Lisa. She bestowed upon me the "Versatile Blogger Award" as part of a blogasphere tradition.

Very cool.

The award comes with the following requirements:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Share seven (7) things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to other versatile bloggers (limit ten)
4. Let those bloggers know that you gave them the award
5. List those blogs in your blog

Sounds simple enough.

The Thank You Speech

Thank you! Oh, thank you! I can hardly believe this! There are so many people to thank, but I have to mention the ONE person, who made this all possible...Lisa Ramsey. What can you say about her except that she is just Lisa(www.itsjustlisa.com). She has been running alongside me on this weight loss journey. Well, I'm really walking, but this girl can RUN! She sits to my right eating a dry English muffin with jelly and drinking her coffee from McDonald's every Saturday morning at our WW meeting. She challenges me to reach my goals and she holds me accountable. She encouraged me to blog. Thanks, Lisa!

Seven Things About Me

1. I love the show, Who Do You Think You Are? I am fascinated with my ancestry and would love to follow my mother's lineage back to England (the Hollingsworth name) or my father's side of the family back to Scotland (the Glennys). Or to find out what really happened to my dad's father, who was injured in the war and received a Purple Heart.

2. I love the beach. Putting my toes in the sand and sitting by the ocean all day long.

3. Fresh, baked cookies are my downfall. I still remember these frozen mini chocolate chip cookies that my mom used to bake for us after school. They had the best flavor and I've never been able to find them since. I wish that I could remember the brand name.

4. I cry at Folger's commercials.

5. I am going to be the Wedding Coordinator for our church. I love the movie, The Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey. I also scheduled April 29th as a vacation day so that I can watch Prince William and Kate Middleton get married. I remember in 1981 gathering around the big console television set with my mom and sisters with our sleeping bags and pillows watching Lady Di walk down the aisle. I am looking forward to watching another royal wedding. But will I wear a big hat? Maybe.

6. I like to play Bunco and eat fondue with friends.

7. Until last year, I never knew another Shannon. Now I am happily surrounded by them.

And the award goes to...

These are the three blogs besides Lisa's that I read on a daily basis. These bloggers make me think, laugh, cry and reflect. I would like to pass the Versatile Blogger Award to the following recipients:

In A Mirror Dimly - http://inamirrordimly.net

Juggling Buckets - http://jugglingbuckets.wordpress.com

Everyday People - http://sbrownehr.com

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I can relate to a lot of the things you mentioned and thanks for the cool shout out with the well-placed url! Right there with you with the Folger's commercials and I can totally see you as a wedding planner! I too watched Lady Di back in the day and am also taking the day off in April. Some ladies from my church are doing an English lunch and viewing party. Fun. So glad you are in my life - the best Shannon of them all!

    ReplyDelete