Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Steppin' Up a Notch





It arrived today! 

The DVD that I've anxiously been waiting on was in the mailbox when I got home.  The step arrived last week, but the DVD of basic step aerobics had shipped separately and I was excited to give it a try. 

During my wait time, I tried to step to a video on You Tube without much success.  I propped the iPad up in front of me and sure gave it my all, but there is something about having your knee up in mid-air only to have the video pause.  So, off to the library to see if I could find a DVD until mine arrived.  I went to two libraries and found a couple to try out.

Step aerobics first became popular in 1989 and for some reason, 22 years later, I've decided to give it a try.  According to Wikipedia, the benefits of this type of exercise consists of burning calories, building endurance, improving balance, impacting positively on mental health and reducing stress.  All the benefits that I wouldn't mind having these days.

Last Saturday's weigh in was a positive one.  I celebrated the loss of 4.4 pounds.  Looks like the steps that I've been taking the last week and a half has been in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment