Monday, May 30, 2011

The Cookie Crumbles


Anyone, who knows me, knows that I love cookies. I know that there will be times that an occasional cookie or two is okay. The issue here is that I started eating cookies at Christmas, moved straight to Girl Scout Cookies and these were the cookies on the table this morning at the Memorial Day Parade (pictured above). Frankly, I was eating cookies more than I should have been. The scale was really starting to reveal that there was a problem.

The other thing that I need to point out to myself is that I was supposed to be in a maintenance mode, which means that I need to stay within two pounds of my goal weight. I was in denial and thought that I could now eat a few cookies. I even raised my goal weight by nine pounds. I'm not a nutritionist, but I do think that once you start eating sugar, it is harder to stop.

Last weekend, we were fortunate enough to take a trip to Naples, Florida to visit my husband's sister and her husband. We had a wonderful time on the boat and beach. We experienced dolphins and a manatee. During this trip, she shared with me a new form of eating that she was trying. It is called the 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno. I don't like to diet. I don't like to restrict myself...obviously.

I felt it necessary to do something that would shock me back to reality and clean my system. So, last week when I returned home from our trip at almost 18 pounds above my original goal weight, I started this 17 day journey. My plan is to then transition to the new WW program that I have found so hard to embrace...more on that at a later date.

Today, is the end of seven days. I have eaten lots of vegetables, controlled portions of fruits, yogurt with probiotics, and protein in the form of cottage cheese, eggs and lots of chicken. Oh, and I am drinking eight ounces of hot water with half of a lemon every morning when I wake up. It is supposed to help with digestion. All of this has resulted in an amazing loss of ten pounds. Healthy? I think so. I am not eating any potato chips, ice cream or cookies. Let's face it. I didn't gain this weight on fruits and vegetables. I am motivated again!

And, so that is the story of how the cookie started to crumble.

1 comment:

  1. you have inspired me too
    I am doing points plus and not losing any weight :-(

    ReplyDelete