Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weight Watchers Walk-!t Challenge 2010


On April 4th, Weight Watchers (WW) challenged us to walk a 5K by the end of six weeks. It was designed to motivate people towards physical activity and gradually build from “Couch to 5K”. Well, like most things that I do, I decided that I would try to walk a 5K everyday. So, I mapped out my 3.1 mile route. My goal was to walk it under one hour. Amazing through those six weeks how I developed endurance and stamina. I feel energized when I finish my walks.

Today, June 6, 2010, was WW National Walk-!t Day and I walked not one, but two 5Ks! I signed up for the official WW event in Canfield, Ohio then the group from my 7:30 AM Saturday WW meeting decided to map out one for us to walk at Firestone Metroparks. Why not do both? I couldn't come up with a reason either.

Walking is one of the best exercises you can do. It’s low impact, takes no special equipment and is available to you at just about any time, in any location. Walking has really jump started my weight loss and I walked myself right out of that plateau that I was in.

What a wonderful day this has been spent with my sister, my husband, my kids and my WW friends. I accomplished what I set out to do. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Well...sister in law - you have inspired me. I walked this morning and have decided to rejoin WW once again. My goal is to lose 20 lbs.
    Love ya....Pat

    ReplyDelete