Friday, June 18, 2010

My 19th 5 lb. Sticker


At Weight Watchers, we work for stickers. Today, I received my 19th sticker representing 95 lbs total lost since I started this journey 18 months ago. My total is 96 lbs, which means that I am only 4 lbs away from my weight loss goal. Boy, does that scare me. When I first started, it seemed so far away and now it is within my reach.

Receiving my sticker at the scale today was uneventful. You see, I like to celebrate with my WW Buddies. The 7:30 AM Saturday morning meeting is one of the best around because of the leader, Nancy, and all of the people that attend weekly. This week I had to weigh in on Friday because we will be leaving for vacation Saturday and will have been well on our way by the time the meeting took place. I missed celebrating this goal with Nancy, Lisa, Carol, Dennis, Rich, Tom and Marsha.

Nancy always asks us when she gives us this sticker, “What was the one thing that you’ve changed to get you to this goal?” Sometimes, I say, “I stopped eating like a lumberjack!” Or “I track everything that I eat.” Or “I try to walk or do something active everyday.” What would I have said today? Probably that it is the meetings that have kept me on this path. Research has shown that people who attend weekly meetings loose 3x more weight than people who don’t because sometimes you need a meeting, but sometimes a meeting needs you!

1 comment:

  1. Your weight loss journey is very inspiring to me! I joined WW five weeks ago and received my first 5 lb weight loss sticker at last night's meeting. I have 20 more pounds to go and it seems like it'll take forever to get here, but your story encourages me to keep going. You were beautiful before and you're beautiful now! CONGRATS on getting healthier! :)

    ReplyDelete