Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Scrapbookers, Produce Man and Avocados


"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

Today, at the grocery store, I walked up to the produce man at Giant Eagle and said, "I just want you to know that you picked out two of the best avocados for me last Saturday. Thank you so much!" A surprised smile appeared on his face and he responded, "Just doing my job, ma'am. You just let me know if you ever need my help again." Sometimes, you just need to take a moment and thank those who put that extra special touch on things.

I always try to take time to recognize people when they least expect to be recognized and yet, I am always surprised when someone does the same for me.

So, I just have to share that I had a really great day today because of how two scrapbookers made me feel. It started a few weeks ago, when my friend was scrapbooking. She had met two ladies that attend the WW meetings at Chapel Hill...just like me. She said that she asked them if they knew me and they didn't, but she showed them my picture on FaceBook.

Well, today they came up to me after the meeting. The one lady said, "We don't usually come to this meeting, but we came here to meet you." For just a moment, I felt like a celebrity. It was a pretty nice feeling. They don't know how they made me feel, but I will never forget it. And no, I didn't give them my autograph...they didn't ask!

All kidding aside, I look forward to talking with them more. Actually, the scrapbooker ladies gave me the shot of motivation that I needed to get back on track. I've been "talking" about it for weeks, but I took out a brand new journal and started tracking my food intake again. I turned to the On Demand Exercise channel and I did a 30 minute Fatburn Cardio Workout and even broke a sweat! So, thank you ladies for making me feel special for that moment because it was exactly what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment