Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Program Works


Well, I lost 3 pounds this week! Amazing how when you follow the program, it really works.

What did I do differently?

Tracked everything - Food and exercise
I know that monitoring what I eat and writing it down is crucial to losing weight and keeping it off. The pages of my journal have been blank for the past few months, but I've sharpened my pencil and jotted down every bite, lick and taste. In addition to food, exercise is equally important. I walked everyday except for Friday and sometimes, I walked twice a day. Lunchtime has proven to be a fun time to get out of the office and walk with co-workers. I will admit that it does take me all afternoon to cool down in this heat, but I am grateful for these ladies that encourage me to walk with them.

Planned meals
With the kids back in school and our busy schedules, planning helps it feel controlled. We know what we are eating and that helps us stay healthier in our food choices.

Stopped eating out of the BIG bag
During my hiatus, I ate from the bag in front of the pantry. Old habits come right back, if you let them. I bought prepackaged bags of pop chips. These are fun little chips that are popped not baked or fried. I love them so much that I have no problem eating them right out of the bag and before I know it three servings have been consumed mindlessly. I am thankful for the little sealed bags of goodies that help me feel that I am not deprived.

Ate more fruit
We didn't gain weight from eating too much fruit. I added fruit to each meal and snacked on it when I got the grumblies. It is amazing how filling an apple can be when you are hungry.

Went back to a meeting and faced the scale
It was scary. I wasn't feeling perfect, but the meetings hold me accountable and provide support and motivation. I am provided feedback at the meetings and at the scale to keep me in line.

I heard the words, "You are going to be pleased with the result of your efforts." My Weight Watcher Leader admitted to me that after our talk last week, she had thought about her own situation and she was motivated this week by me. It just proves that we need each other for support and the program really does work when you follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment