Monday, October 17, 2011

An Intervention


So, I need help.

An intervention, by definition, is the act of interfering with the outcome or course especially of a condition or process (as to prevent harm or improve functioning).

I need an intervention.

I have been on a downward spiral for about a year now. Slowly, I've gone back to my old ways. Finding comfort in food.

Last week, a friend and fellow Weight Watcher said to me, "What are you doing? I'm not going to let you go back. You've worked so hard to get to where you are." She just said it point blank. And it hit me. She didn't say it to be cruel. She said it because she cares. Most loved ones intervene when they see the one they love spiraling out of control. I'm thankful to her for saying something to me.

I've given my husband permission to "say" something to me, if he sees me lingering at the pantry. So, if you see me, please participate in my intervention. I need all the help that I can get.

I might not like it, but please intervene.

1 comment:

  1. Consider yourself intervened upon. I'm in it with you, my friend. Not letting you go back either.

    ReplyDelete