Friday, May 21, 2010

Life Happened This Week!

It is Friday night and I am starting to worry about the scale tomorrow. As I look over the last week, it is apparent to me that I ate out for 43% of my meals and ran out of time to exercise everyday.

We went out to dinner for my husband's birthday on Saturday, El Campesino on Monday to support our church, two days of training sessions at work with Panera for lunch both days, Wednesday night dinner with my HR team at Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse, Thursday night at Chick-fil-A to support the youth group and birthday cake at work on Friday.

How did I handle it? Well, for the birthday, El Camp and Wasabi dinners, I cut the portion in half and took the rest home for my husband's lunch the next day. I looked up the nutritional information ahead of time prior to ordering my Panera lunches. I chose the You Pick Two options...half of sandwich and a half salad with dressing on the side. The cookies look good, but beware of the high point value. You can easily eat at Chick-fil-A by choosing the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich and a Diet Lemonade for a total of 5 points. As for the birthday cake at work...I always refuse, but it was for my birthday tomorrow. I took a sliver of the ice cream cake...took 2 bites and threw the rest away in my office. The first bite tastes just as good as the last bite.

Not sure how I will fair on the scale tomorrow, but one thing I do know is that life happens...it rains and pours...celebrations will always pop up on the calendar. My doctor asked me this week how I handle the celebrations? I told her that it isn't about the food for me anymore...it is about the people. I enjoyed my time this week with all of the people who I was able to share a meal with...thanks for the laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment