Sunday, May 30, 2010

Move More

Today's walk consisted of 11,308 steps, 4.919 miles, 309.4 calories burned, three up hill climbs and one down hill. Yesterday at Weight Watchers, they challenged us to move more and increase the activity over and above the normal workout. I normally average about 7,400 steps and walk about 3.2 miles at least 5x per week.

Walking is an adventure, but can sometimes get boring. I try to change it up by walking different paths. Yesterday, there was a green snake on the walking trail. It took a minute to realize what it was, but it didn't take long for me to jump and take off running. When I got far enough away, I turned to make sure the snake wasn't following me. Crazy, I know.

I don't believe in running unless someone is chasing me. I've tried running on the treadmill and outside, but I prefer to walk instead. A lot of my friends are avid runners and I think that is fantastic. Whatever your exercise of choice is...challenge yourself to move more and take a few more hills along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment