Sunday, August 8, 2010

Remember Me

I was told this week by two different people that they do not remember me any other way than I am now. I'm still the same person, but my outside has changed.

I remember...

I started to reflect on who I was and who I am now. I used to be the person, who rushed to the front of the food line and yesterday at the church picnic, I waited patiently for everyone to go through the line. By the time that I went through there were two apple slices and several empty casserole dishes/bowls. I managed to open the lid of one of the dishes and to my surprise there were fresh green beans. Now I never would have wanted to eat those green beans before and well, frankly it doesn't appear that anyone else did either because there was plenty. Lucky me!

I used to be the person, who lounged on the couch after dinner and now I walk for two hours. When I first started exercising, I wasn't the fastest and didn't walk very far. There are times when I am out walking that I will pass people, who are about the same weight that I was when I first started, but when they look at me walking by, they only see someone who is thin. They don't know that I've lost almost 100 pounds. I want so badly to go over and tell them that I am so proud of them for walking and that I can relate. Now, I know that they would think that I was crazy, which is why I don't, but just know that I am out there secretly cheering them on!

There are so many things that I remember and as I approach my goal, I want to remember who I was so that I don't ever forget.

2 comments:

  1. this post just gave me goosebumps! i have totally felt that way too before - thanks for articulating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just noticed the same purse - love that!!!

    ReplyDelete