Saturday, July 24, 2010

Garage Sale

In preparing for our garage sale, I started going through my closet. I pulled out sizes that range from 12 to 22. I've gotten rid of some clothes along the way, but have held onto some. Specifically, I've held onto one pair of the size 22 jeans because they are a reminder for me that I don't ever want to go back to that size.

I realized as I was folding the clothes that I had the feeling that I should HOLD on to the size 12 and 14s just in case I gain my weight back. What was I thinking? Should I really hold onto those pants? The answer is NO. Give them away...get rid of 'em! Holding onto those pants would be telling myself that it is okay to go back and it isn't.

We didn't have much traffic at the garage sale. So on Monday, we will take these clothes down to a place called Clothes Mentor. They buy gently used clothing and I will donate what they don't purchase.

I encourage everyone that is going through this journey to not hold onto the bigger sizes. Dance your way out of the size and give them away. Are you holding onto something just in case?

No comments:

Post a Comment